Sunday, February 12, 2017

Tasting Fox Creek Shiraz 2012


Name: Fox Creek Shiraz
Variety: 100% Shiraz
Region: McLaren Vale
Country: Australia
Price: $9.95
Winery review:    Bright purple. Exotic, expansive aromas of black and blue fruit preserves, vanilla and cola, along with a peppery overtone and a hint of violet pastille. Broad, fleshy, appealingly sweet boysenberry and cherry liqueur flavors show excellent depth and a seamless texture. Finishes juicy and long, with building spiciness, an echo of blue fruit and round tannins.
My review: One thing is for sure: I smelled a lot of fruit. I think it was probably berries, particularly blackberry and raspberry. At first, when tasting, I got nutty flavors and my mouth went dry. The wine expands in the mouth to become jammy. 
 
I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment