Sunday, March 12, 2017

Tasting Klingenberg Blanc de Noir


Name: Klingenberg Blanc de Noir
Variety: Pinot noir
Region: Germany
Year: 2014
Price: $17.95/bottle
Wine critic review:
The 2014 Klingenberg Blanc de Noir is a white wine make of pinot noir. Spicy oak, floral and black burrants mixed with a mineral driven and impressive acidity bite in the end. So cool, so good, so much the best still Blanc de Noir we've ever had.
Your review:
I really wanted to try this because I was so curious about a white "red wine" varietal. So, upon recommendation from the vintage cellar, I bought this one. Typically, I love pinot noirs. But this one was not the best, and close to the worst thing I've ever tasted. It was incredibly acidic and bight the tongue. There were overwhelming tastes of rotten apple and pear fading to a subtle nutty taste. It kind of tasted like what my mouth tastes like after I throw up- I'm not exaggerating. Maybe I got a bad bottle, but it will take me a long time before I touch white pinot noir again. 

I tasted this with salmon, but after a few sips of wine, the flavor of the food was ruined. So I stopped drinking the wine and continued with the salmon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment